Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mass Schedules: Devotions to God, Jesus, Mary and the Holy Saints



Catholic Devotions



     http://rosamystica13.com/uploads/3/3/7/9/3379288/3407509_orig.jpg
  • Black Nazarene
  • Divine Mercy
  • Our Lady of Lourdes
  • Padre Pio
  • St. Clare
  • St. Francis de Assisi
  • St. Francis Javier
  • St. Peter
  • St. Therese of the Child Jesus
  • Sto. Nino
  • The Holy Face of Manoppello: May His Face Shine on You and Give You His Mercy!
  • The Holy Face of Turin



I grew up in a religious family. My mother and my grandparents are very religious. We were required to attend the Holy Mass every Sunday. When I was in Grade 5, I became part of the Charismatic Community. We were praying the Novena to The Holy Face of Turin. Every October, we would pray the Rosary. It did not mean anything to me then. It was all following my elders. Then, I went to the city for college. It was difficult. With no friends and parents, I had to cling to my faith to God. It was then that I attended the holy mass every day in the Chapel of my school. I prayed the rosary often when I have difficulties. 

When I became independent and I had my own family, I somehow thought that I can let go of God. I only called Him when I have problems and I needed help. I forgot how it is to be loved and deeply love God. I was lost and I felt so empty. It was only recently that I realized that I am nothing without God. I hit rock bottom. I was okay on the outside but so messed up inside. I am successful in my work, family life but deep inside I felt that I am nothing. Then, I called to him. I opened my heart to him. Went back to God's arms. I had a confession and tried to avoid sin. I also try to attend the Holy Mass regularly. There are times that I still feel so empty but I know that I only have to call to Him so I can be whole again. I opened my heart to God. I now give Him my all - my body, my mind, my heart, my soul, my work, my family, my problems, my everything. There is no other way to live than to live for Him and with Him. 

There are so many people who does not believe in the Catholic devotions. I fully understand them. I have been there. The times that I did not acknowledge God in my life was the time that I questioned if He exists or if the saints are true. I felt that I can do things my way. Some of us will have to have that experience so we know the difference of living alone and living with God. 

There is no point arguing or defending my faith. What is important is that He is here in my heart and He is here in my life. I am happy and I am at peace. 


Below are some of the devotions and prayers that are my favorites. I will add more of these as I live my Christian and Catholic Faith.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment